The Sparsh Music Academy is one of the renowned Playback Singing School in Kolkata. Besides training in Sur & Taal, the school particularly teaches the detailed nuances of playback, which is a highly specialised job. It trains in voice-modulation to suit playback for different actors & actresses.
Besides this, the playback singing classes of Sparsh also give a comprehensive orientation in various forms of singing like Ghazals, Sufi and Classical music as well.
The courses will take the student through various stages of learning singing & music, such as - a seat of learning music with respect to Playback Singing, Traditional Styles, Light Classical (Thumri, Ghazal, etc), Western, Sufi / Devotional, Folk, Stage Performance, Studio Recording, etc.
There would be intense riaz, or say, practice sessions in classes under the best music gurus & well-known singers from Kolkata and outside. There will be an audio record of each student’s progress, in the form of CD’s created in a professional studio, with accompaniments.
- Fundamentals of vocal singing, beginning with its theoretical description
- Appreciation of notes and its usage
- Pitching practice with emphasis of individual scales
- Beginning of basic diction practice
- Basic breathing techniques
- Introduction of basic rhythm
- Practice of Alankars and sargams. Techniques of ‘gamak’, ‘murki’ etc.
- Art of devotional singing
- Voice modulation and vocal projection techniques
- Voice culturing techniques with individual attention
- Induction of emotions and expressions into vocal singing
- Practice of sargams within rhythm cycles
- Nuances of straight-note songs
- Voice throw techniques and its usage in different styles
- Emphasis on playback technique
- Description of blending classical music techniques into light music
- Intro to western music
- Talk on modern day music and recording techniques
- Studio/Vocal dynamics sessions
- Techniques of singing on the Microphone